Since my last post it has been a whirlwind of activity starting with the Parade of Homes Banquet, Realtor Tour, and two Open House weekends so far. We are proud to announce our home won Gold in it’s price category and TWO Special Feature Awards. This year, the Parade of Homes committee gave us specific categories they were awarding for Special Features. This year we won for the “Ceilings and Trim” AND the “Lighting” categories.
If you were able to visit our Parade Home last year or kept up with our Blog, you may remember I had a Voting Station in the house last year for visitors to vote for their favorite feature. I found it very interesting and helpful to talk with visitors and get a hands on perspective of what our buyers are looking for. The voting station was very successful for us and I learned a lot and included it again this year with a few tweaks. This year I included the Realtor Tour visitors in the voting. I was inspired by all their wonderful comments and feedback regarding the home and respect their opinion on what appeals to buyers in today’s market.
We have also had two weekends of Open House now. We are thankful for the beautiful weather and have had great participation reaching well over 500 visitors so far. With only one weekend of Open House left coming up this weekend (April 28th-29th) I thought it would be a good time to share some of the feedback we have received so far.
Between personal and written comments visitors have shared as well as the votes received so far, here are a few of the most popular features of the home:
- Ceilings & Trimwork– Hands down, this is probably the most talked about “wow” feature when visitors enter and walk around the home. The 1×6 stained pine ceilings strategically located throughout the house, painted beams and vaulted ceiling in the Master, soaring ceiling in the Family room, Coffered ceiling in the Dining room, vaulted ceilings in the Study and Upstairs Bedroom all contribute to the fantastic array of decorative ceilings in this home. All the positive feedback has been very encouraging showing that visitors are noticing the value in the amount and quality of all the trimwork in our homes.
- Kitchen- This second highest voted category so far is the Kitchen and is even beating out Lighting which was the other Special Feature Award we actually won. Visitors are loving the extra large Island, color combination of the cabinet colors and the Backsplash. I find it amusing how many people walk by the backsplash accent and have the urge to reach out and touch it.
- Lighting- The overall lighting is really getting noticed. If you’ve read my blog before, you know I absolutely love selecting Lighting for each home. (I have a secret dream to own my own lighting store one day.) The favorite lights have been the Island pendants, Dining, Study, Nook, Master Bath chandelier, and the Powder room lights. And the new Spitfire style fan has been a hot topic.
- Powder Room: Visitors are liking the combination of the “touch of shiplap without being too over done”, navy cabinet, champagne bronze accents, and vanity light. I tried to do this combination in our last spec home but it sold before I could do it, so glad the timing worked out for this home.
- Salon Style Vanity Pullout– This is definitely a favorite of the ladies and represents a high percentage of the “Other” category votes. It is surely a “must have” in my next personal home. Additional comments that have been popular in the “Other” category are the Painted Door Slabs, Garage Doors, Tucked-away stair location, and “real” hardwood floors.
I really enjoy being onsite to talk with visitors and hear their comments and feedback. I especially love when our past homeowners, friends, and colleagues stop by and visit. Everyone has been so encouraging and uplifting. I am so thankful and blessed to have the opportunity to do what I do.
If you haven’t had a chance to come by yet, hope you will plan to visit us this final open house weekend from 12:00-5:00pm and vote for your favorite feature. Address: 67 Stella Court in the Portofino Community.